Ginger Apple Stir Fry
Main Dish Recipes
A delicious crunchy twist on traditional chicken stir fry
Yield: 4 serving
Prep Time: 25 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Difficulty Level: Easy
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 medium apples, cored and sliced
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/3 lb. pea pods
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. ginger, minced
- 10 shitake and/or white mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/3 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1/3 cup chicken broth or water
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1. Heat sesame oil in nonstick skillet or wok.
- 2. Add garlic and ginger, and stir for approximately 30 seconds.
- 3. Add chicken and cook in hot oil. Remove chicken from skillet.
- 4. Add vegetables and cook while stirring until tender crisp, sprinkle with pepper.
- 5. Combine applesauce, soy sauce, vinegar, cornstarch and chicken broth or water.
- 6. Add chicken to vegetables, add sauce mixture and cook until sauce is thickened and clear.
- 7. Add apples during last five minutes of preparation.
- 8. Serve over steamed brown rice.