Chicken Wrap with Spicy Apple Mustard Sauce
Main Dish Recipes
Take wraps to a whole other level with spicy apple mustard
Yield: 4 servings
Difficulty Level: Easy
Source: Mario Gordian of Harrisburg, PA
- 3 (6-oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 (12-inch) flour tortilla wraps
- 2 small Pennsylvania-grown Granny Smith apples (peeled, cored, and chopped into ½-inch diced pieces)
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3 scallions, sliced thinly on an angle
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Slice chicken breasts into ½ inch strips on the diagonal.
- 2. Toss chicken with grill seasoning.
- 3. Heat a grill pan over high heat. Add oil. Grill chicken about 6 minutes or until cooked to 165º F. Set aside.
- 4. Prepare salad: Combine apples, sprouts, carrots, scallions, cilantro, and sesame seeds. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 5. Prepare Apple Mustard Sauce: Whisk apple sauce, Dijon mustard, vinegar and cayenne together with olive oil.
- 6. Toss chicken with salad.
- 7. In a very hot, nonstick skillet heat tortillas for 15 seconds on each side.
- 8. Brush with Spicy Apple Mustard Sauce. Divide chicken and veggies among tortillas and drizzle liberally with remaining Spicy Apple Mustard Sauce before wrapping and rolling. Cut each in half diagonally.
Please note: We are unable to ship to P.O. Boxes. Please use a street address when ordering materials.