Bacon, Apple & Brie Panini
Main Dish Recipes
Crisp apples, melted brie, bacon and maple mayonnaise - delicious!
Yield: 1 sandwich
Difficulty Level: Easy
Source: Cheryl Berndt of Harrisburg, PA
- 2 slices thick whole grain bread or a Panini roll
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 6 strips Brie cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 Pennsylvania-grown Granny Smith apple, sliced thin
- 4 strips Applewood Smoked Bacon, cooked
- 1 Heat grill pan or Panini press to medium-high.
- 2 Butter one side of each slice of bread or the outsides of the two Panini roll pieces.
- 3 Stir maple syrup and mayonnaise together to make Maple Mayo. Spread on the unbuttered side of one slice of bread or roll.
- 4 Place three strips of brie cheese on each bread slice.
- 5 Place thinly sliced apple on one piece of bread atop brie.
- 6 Top each with bacon strips.
- 7 Put the two sides together and place in Panini press or on a grill pan and press down. Grill until lightly brown.
- 8 Top with remaining Maple Mayo, if desired.