Apple Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
Main Dish Recipes
Easy to make and presents beautifully
Yield: 6-8 Servings
Difficulty Level: Easy
Source: Bryon Andrews of Littlestown, PA
- Approximately 2-pound pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 2 Pennsylvania apples, peeled, diced (recommended: Lodi or Granny Smith)
- 1 parsnip, shredded
- 4 cauliflower florets cut into dime size florets
- 1 medium white onion, small diced
- ½ cup crushed pecans
- ¼ cup softened butter
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground clove
- 1. Preheat oven to 350º F
- 2. Butterfly tenderloin lengthwise. Open tenderloin out flat, and with meat mallet, flatten tenderloin to approximately ½ inch thickness.
- 3. In a bowl, combine apples, parsnip, cauliflower, onions, pecans, butter, cinnamon, garlic, and cloves.
- 4. Spoon filling onto flattened tenderloin and roll tenderloin closed. Secure with toothpicks to close well.
- 5. Bake tenderloin for approx. 50-60 minutes until pork reaches internal temperature of 165º F.
- 6. Let pork rest 5 minutes. Slice and serve.