Main Dish Recipes
Apples and cranberries make this a delish dish
Yield: 4 serving
Difficulty Level: Medium
- 2 medium-sized tart apples
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh spinach or 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 4 tablespoons apple juice, divided
- 4 boneless pork loin chops, 1-inch thick (about 5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. Peel and chop one apple; leaving peel on second apple, thinly slice.
- 2. To prepare stuffing: In small bowl, mix chopped apple, spinach, cranberries and 1 tablespoon of the apple juice; toss to combine.
- 3. With very sharp knife, cut crosswise into each chop to form a pocket, taking care not to cut through.
- 4. Stuff each chop with about 1/4 cup of the stuffing. Season chops with salt and pepper.
- 5. In very large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- 6. Add pork chops; cook until well browned, about 7 minutes per side. Remove to platter; cover to keep warm.
- 7. In skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add sliced apples and remaining 3 tablespoons apple juice; cook until apples begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- 8. Serve with chops.