Apple Cranberry Relish
Side & Salad Recipes
Perfect garnish for turkey or other poultry
[Total: 2 Average: 4.5/5]
Yield: 4 - 6 servings
Difficulty Level: Easy
Source: Kevin Warren of Harrisburg, PA
- 1 cup Pennsylvania-produced apple cider
- 1 cup apple brandy
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 12 oz. fresh cranberries
- 1 medium Pennsylvania-grown Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, diced
- 1½ teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1. Boil apple cider and apple brandy in heavy small saucepan until reduced to generous ½ cup, about 15 minutes.
- 2. Add sugar and maple syrup; stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- 3. Transfer to bowl and chill until cold, about 1 hour.
- 4. Pulse cranberries, apple, and lemon zest to coarsely chop in food processor.
- 5. Add cider syrup; using pulse, chop finely.
- 6. Transfer to bowl. Cover and chill to blend flavors.