Apple Cheddar Pizza with Toasted Pecans
This recipe is perfect for an easy dessert or great snack.
Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 20
Cook Time: 20
Difficulty Level: Easy
Source: U.S. Apple
- 1 (12 oz. can) refrigerated, ready-made pizza dough
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 3 large apples, thinly sliced
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1 cup grated white cheddar cheese
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2. Lightly coat 14-inch pizza pan with cooking spray. Press dough into pizza pan.
- 3. Cook apples in apple juice until tender. Drain off juice and reserve.
- 4. Place apple slices on dough.
- 5. Dissolve cornstarch in apple juice, cinnamon, and honey. Cook over medium heat until clear.
- 6. Spread sauce over apples. Sprinkle pecans on top. Top with cheese.
- 7. Bake in a 425 degree oven for 15-20 minutes.