Pick Your Own Orchards
Visit Pennsylvania’s Pick-Your-Own Apple Orchards
Want to make getting the freshest, tastiest apples even more of an adventure? Visit one of the many orchards in PA where apple picking is available during harvest times. You’ll be able to carefully select every apple that goes home with you, so you can pick the right type, size and texture for your needs. Whether you want to bake a buttery apple crostata or add PA apples to a cranberry relish, you’ll have the freshest pieces of fruit for your culinary needs.
A day trip to one of the Commonwealth’s pick-your-own orchards is a memory in the making. PA apple picking is an excellent opportunity for groups of all sizes, including:
- Couples who love the outdoors and want a different type of dating experience.
- Families who want to show their children that food doesn’t have to come from a store.
- Church, scouting and sports groups looking for an outing that is cost-effective and fun.
- Friends who like to gather together and explore all the region has to offer.
- Individuals who enjoy the idea of selecting their snacks and meal ingredients straight from the source.
Find Where to Pick Apples Quickly and Conveniently
Our easy-to-use Where to Buy locator will help you find the pick-your-own apple orchards closest to you. Simply enter your information, and find an orchard with an assortment of in-season apple types such as Cameo, Pink Lady and Nittany. If you’re in a hurry, don’t forget that our apple orchards have already-picked options for you to purchase on-the-go.
The Pennsylvania Apple Picking Season
Apple picking in PA is a fall activity, because the apples don’t ripen until the end of the summer. However, this doesn’t mean you have to wait until autumn to enjoy local apples! If you correctly store and handle the in-season fruits you buy, you can enjoy apples all year round. Plus, you can always try some of the apple recipes available on our site, and then freeze or can the extras to enjoy for months.